NFT Now Media, LLC Privacy Notice
Last Updated: March 25, 2022
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
4. HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
5. YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
6. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
8. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
10. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
11. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
12. OTHER PROVISIONS
13. CONTACT US
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. We collect information that you provide to us, information we obtain automatically when you use our Services, and information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us.
- Account Creation. We may collect information when you create an account, such as name, email address, and username.
- Your Communications with Us. We may collect personal information, such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter, podcasts, or guides, request customer or technical support, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
- Interactive Features. We and others who use our Services may collect personal information that you submit or make available through our interactive features (e.g., messaging and chat features, commenting functionalities, forums, blogs, and social media pages). Any information you provide using the public sharing features of the Services (referred to herein as “User Content”) will be considered “public,” unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein. Please exercise caution before revealing any information that may identify you in the real world to other users.
- Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events. We may collect personal information from individuals when we attend conferences, trade shows, and other events.
- Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
- Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and use your information to assess your qualifications.
- Information Collected Automatically
We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Services:
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in our Services that collects information about engagement on our Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Our uses of these Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular website behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance-Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how individuals use our Services (see Analytics below). For example, we may track your activity on our website, including what news articles, podcasts, guides, videos you may access;
- Functionality-Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising- or Targeting-Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party websites.
See “Your Privacy Choices and Rights” below to understand your choices regarding these Technologies.
For more information about the specific providers of the Targeting and Analytics cookies used on nft now’s Services and how to opt out of these cookies, please see “Cookies and Tracking Technologies” table and “Analytics” below.
|Cookies and Tracking Technologies|
- Analytics. We may use Technologies and other third-party tools to process analytics information Hon our Services. Some of our analytics partners include.
- Facebook. For more information, please visit Facebook Data Policy. To learn more about how to manage or delete your information and how to adjust your privacy settings click here.
- Information Collected from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made available via your privacy settings.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, for administrative purposes, and to market our products and Services, as described below.
- Provide Our Services
We may use your information to fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes;
- Processing applications if you apply for a job we post on our Services; and
- Allowing you to register for events.
- Administrative Purposes
We may use your information for various administrative purposes, such as:
- Pursuing our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
- Short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services;
- Developing new products and Services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities, including requests to exercise your rights under this policy;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities;
- Sharing information with third parties as needed to provide the Services;
- Enforcing our agreements and policies; and
- Complying with our legal obligations.
- Marketing and Advertising our Products and Services
We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law.
Some of the ways we market to you include email campaigns and custom audiences advertising
If you have any questions about our marketing practices, you may contact us at any time as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
- Other Purposes
We also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
- Consent. We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create.
- Share Content with Friends or Colleagues. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Please only share with us contact information of people with whom you have a relationship (e.g., relative, friend neighbor, or co-worker).
HOW WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We disclose your information to third parties for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Services, to protect us or others, or in the event of a major business transaction such as a merger, sale, or asset transfer, as described below.
- Disclosures to Provide our Services
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your information are described below.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers who use that information to help us provide our Services. This includes service providers that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services.
- Business Partners. We may share your personal information with business partners to provide you with a product or service you have requested. We may also share your personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
- Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our company affiliates.
- Other Users/Website Visitors. As described above in “Personal Information We Collect,” our Services allow you to share your profile and/or User Content with other Users/publicly, including to those who do not use our Services.
- Advertising Partners. We may share your personal information with third-party advertising partners. These third-party advertising partners may set Technologies and other tracking tools on our Services to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, cookie identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other services) for purposes of delivering personalized advertisements to you when you visit digital properties within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “personalized advertising.”
- APIs. We may use third-party Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. For more information about our use of APIs, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others
We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Your Privacy Choices: The privacy choices you may have about your personal information are determined by applicable law and are described below.
We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone, and do-not-contact lists as required by applicable law.
- “Do Not Track.” Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Services may not work properly. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, you may opt-out of personalized advertisements on some mobile applications by following the instructions for Android, iOS, and others.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
Your Privacy Rights: In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access Personal Information about you, including: (i) confirming whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtaining access to or a copy of your personal information;
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information;
- Request Deletion, Anonymization or Blocking of your personal information when processing is based on your consent or when processing is unnecessary, excessive or non-compliant;
- Request Restriction of or Object to our processing of your personal information when processing is non-compliant;
- Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information. If you refrain from providing personal information or withdraw your consent to processing, some features of our Service may not be available;
- Request data portability and receive an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us;
- Be informed about third parties with which your personal information has been shared; and
- Request the review of decisions taken exclusively based on automated processing if that could affect data subject rights.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below or as otherwise instructed in the additional privacy notices provided at the time we collected your personal information. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using our Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our Services, by mail or by sending an email to you.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We endeavor to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
If we transfer personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area, we will put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that this transfer complies with the applicable laws and regulations. For more information about these safeguards, please contact us as set forth below.
The files containing your information will be on our servers and those of our service providers and will be accessible to persons that require it for the purposes of their duties. Information may be accessible to the courts and the law enforcement and national security authorities of the United States.
While transferring your personal information internationally, we will comply with the applicable requirements governing processing of your personal information in a specific location – for example, your country of residence.
Such transfers shall be carried out in accordance with applicable legal provisions and by obtaining your explicit consent in any way.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
This Supplemental California Privacy Notice only applies to our processing of personal information that is subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). The CCPA provides California residents with the right to know what categories of personal information NFT has collected about them and whether NFT disclosed that personal information for a business purpose (e.g., to a service provider) in the preceding 12 months. California residents can find this information below:
|Category of Personal Information Collected by NFT||Category of Third Parties Information is Disclosed to for a Business Purpose|
|Identifiers: A real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.||Advertising networks, internet service providers, Data analytics entities, Operating systems and platforms, Social networks, Consumer data resellers, Service providers|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)): A name, signature, address, and/or telephone number. Personal Information does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records. Note: Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Advertising networks, internet service providers, Data analytics entities, Operating systems and platforms, Social networks, Consumer data resellers, Service providers|
|Commercial information: Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Advertising networks, internet service providers, Data analytics entities, Operating systems and platforms, Social networks, Consumer data resellers, Service providers|
|Internet or other electronic network activity: Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.||Advertising networks, internet service providers, Data analytics entities, Operating systems and platforms, Social networks, Consumer data resellers, Service providers|
|Geolocation data: Physical location or movements.||Advertising networks, internet service providers, Data analytics entities, Operating systems and platforms, Social networks, Consumer data resellers, Service providers|
|Professional or employment-related information: Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||Advertising networks, internet service providers, Data analytics entities, Operating systems and platforms, Social networks, Consumer data resellers, Service providers|
The categories of sources from which we collect personal information and our business and commercial purposes for using personal information are set forth in “Personal Information We Collect” and “How We Use Your Personal Information” above, respectively.
“Sales” of Personal Information under the CCPA
For purposes of the CCPA, NFT does not “sell” personal information, nor do we have actual knowledge of any “sale” of personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
Opt-out of “Sales.” California residents may opt-out of the “sale” of their personal information by contacting us as set forth in “Contact Us” below.
Additional Privacy Rights for California Residents:
Non-Discrimination. California residents have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of their rights conferred by the CCPA.
Authorized Agent. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. To designate an authorized agent, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below and provide written authorization signed by you and your designated agent.
Verification. To protect your privacy, we will take the following steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. When you make a request, we will ask you to provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include [asking you to answer questions, for example, regarding your name and email address.] .
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please contact us as set forth in “Contact Us” below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
Refer-a-Friend and Similar Incentive Programs. As described above in “How We Use Your Personal Information” (“Share Content with Friends or Colleagues”), we may offer referral programs or other incentivized data collection programs. For example, we may offer incentives to you such as discounts or promotional items or credit in connection with these programs, wherein you provide your personal information in exchange for a reward, or provide personal information regarding your friends or colleagues (such as their email address) and receive rewards when they sign up to use our Services. (The referred party may also receive rewards for signing up via your referral.) These programs are entirely voluntary and allow us to grow our business and provide additional benefits to you. The value of your data to us depends on how you ultimately use our Services, whereas the value of the referred party’s data to us depends on whether the referred party ultimately becomes a User/Customer and uses our Services. Said value will be reflected in the incentive offered in connection with each program.
California Shine the Light. The California “Shine the Light” law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties.
Right for minors to remove posted content. Where required by law, California residents under the age of 18 may request to have their posted content or information removed from the publicly-viewable portions of the Services by contacting us directly as set forth in Contact Us below.
SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth below.
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has uploaded personal information to our site without your consent, OR wish to review information collected from your child, or have that information modified or deleted, you may contact us as described in “Contact Us” below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account.
Third-Party Websites/Applications. The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
Supervisory Authority. If you are located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or Brazil, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
Attn: Designated Agent
109 East 17th Street, Suite 470
Cheyenne, WY 82001
Email: [email protected]